The City of West Kelowna has opened up several parks that have been closed the past few months due to flood concerns.
Parks have opened as crews remove sandbags and other flood mitigation resources from those areas.
Those now open, include:
- Paddlewheeler Park – Pritchard Drive
- Pritchard Park – Pritchard Drive
- Aberdeen Park – West Bay Road
- Casa Loma Dock
- Willow Beach – Gellatly Road
- Marina Beach – Gellatly Road
- Pebble Beach – Whitworth Road
- CNR Wharf – Gellatly Road
- Rotary Beach – Gellatly Road
- Gellatly Landing Park – Gellatly Road
- Casa Rio Park – Casa Rio Drive
- John Dupuis (Casa Loma) Boat Launch – Casa Loma Road
- Gellatly Boat Launch – Gellatly Road
- Casa Loma Waterfront Access – Casa Loma Road (south)
Currently, sandbag removal is being undertaken in the Green Bay, Pritchard Drive and Gellatly Road/Whitworth Road areas of West Kelowna. Work will resume in Casa Loma early next week.
Residents who are undertaking their own sandbag removal on their property can assist by moving their bags to the roadside for pick up and disposal. Please separate burlap and polypropylene sandbags.
While numerous parks are open, a handful remain closed. These include:
- Jennens Park – Jennens Road
- Hitchner Park – Jennens Road
- Gellatly Walkway – Gellatly Road
- Beechnut Park – George Court
- Hazelnut Park – Whitworth Road
- Heartnut Park – Whitworth Road