185395
177183
Kelowna  

Chicken wings cause grease fire

Fire trucks, police cars and ambulances swarmed Buckland Avenue Tuesday evening after a third floor apartment fire sent at least one person to hospital.

Kelowna Fire crews on the scene say the blaze began when someone was deep-frying chicken wings, when a grease fire broke out on the third floor.

Buckland Manor was evacuated, and one resident was taken to hospital for possible smoke inhalation.

Our reporter on the scene says everyone is remaining calm and waiting to be let back into the building.

The fire was contained to one suite on the third floor according to reports.

Buckland Avenue is blocked off at Pandosy Street as of 10:15 p.m.

Send photos and videos to [email protected]



More Kelowna News

183152