164607

Movie Listings

Chrissy Teigen delivers heartfelt essay on miscarriage

Chrissy's heartfelt message

Chrissy Teigen wrote a heartfelt message about the recent loss of her third child with husband John Legend.

Teigen delivered the essay in a Medium post Tuesday. It was her first public response since she and Legend announced the loss of their son, Jack, in a heart-wrenching social media post with several photos on Sept. 30.

In Tuesday’s post, Teigen wrote that her doctors diagnosed her with a partial placental abruption. She announced her pregnancy with their child in August.

“I had always had placenta problems,” she wrote. “I had to deliver Miles a month early because his stomach wasn’t getting enough food from my placenta. But this was my first abruption.”

The 34-year-old Teigen said she received bags of blood transfusions at the hospital, but that failed to help support the fluid around her son. After a couple nights, she said she knew it was time to say “goodbye.”

“He just wouldn’t survive this, and if it went on any longer, I might not either,” she said.

Teigen said her decision to take and post photos of the process was met with some support and criticism. She said Legend was “very hesitant” to take the photos, but she felt the need to share their story.

“I cannot express how little I care that you hate the photos,” she wrote. “How little I care that it’s something you wouldn’t have done. I lived it, I chose to do it, and more than anything, these photos aren’t for anyone but the people who have lived this or are curious enough to wonder what something like this is like. These photos are only for the people who need them. The thoughts of others do not matter to me.”

Teigen urged people to share their stories and “please be kind to those pouring their hearts out.”





Osbournes hit by fraudster

Sharon Osbourne was left fuming when she tried to pay for daughter Kelly's birthday gift, only to be told that both her and husband Ozzy's credit cards had been "maxed out" by a fraudster.

The 68-year-old presenter made the admission on Tuesday's episode of her U.S. chat show The Talk, as she told her fellow panelists about the incident.

"It's my Kelly's birthday today, I went out last night to pick up her gift," Sharon explained. "I give my credit card, and they come back and say, 'Do you have another credit card? It didn't go through.' I say, 'Just try it again' – still didn't go through. I hand them Ozzy's."

"Then, they come back and go, 'Do you have another one? It didn't go through.' Someone rang up charges and maxed out Ozzy's card and my card. I called through to the credit card company and they go, 'No, no, no, you're maxed out, so is Ozzy.' I'm like, 'I don't go to that store, or to that store.'"

When co-host Eve asked if it was fraud, Sharon answered, "Yeah" before adding that the credit card company is currently on the case and trying to work out all the fraudulent charges.



Blake and Gwen engaged

Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani can't wait to tie the knot after confirming their engagement on Tuesday.

The country music star and former No Doubt frontwoman, who have been dogged by marriage rumors for years, announced the happy news via Instagram, with Gwen star sharing a photo of herself kissing her new fiance as she showed off her engagement ring.

Returning to the platform later in the evening, Blake responded to a message of congratulations from pastor Rick Warren, writing, "Thank you sir. We are extremely excited!"

Make Me Like You star Gwen retweeted her beau's tweet, adding, "@RickWarren we love u!! thank u!"

The musical pair got engaged in Oklahoma, where they have been spending time during the pandemic with Gwen's three sons who she shares with ex-husband, Gavin Rossdale.

In his own post announcing the engagement, Blake thanked his new fiancee for "saving my 2020... And the rest of my life.. I love you. I heard a YES!"

The marriage will be the second for Stefani, who was wed to the Bush frontman from 2002 until they finalized their divorce in 2016. Meanwhile, it will be Blake's third trip down the aisle, after unions to Kaynette Williams and second wife Miranda Lambert.



162830


Whitney classic's 1B views

The video for Whitney Houston's classic I Will Always Love You cover has become the first 1990s track from a solo artist to hit one billion views on YouTube.

The power ballad was originally written and recorded by country queen Dolly Parton in 1973, but became Houston's signature song in 1992 after she released her version for the soundtrack of her movie The Bodyguard, in which she starred alongside Kevin Costner.

The tune topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for 14 weeks and remains one of the bestselling singles of all time, with its accompanying video still averaging over 350,000 views per day, according to Variety.

The continued popularity of the promo has now helped Houston posthumously join YouTube's billion-views club, eight years after her death.

I Will Always Love You is only the fourth song from the 90s to achieve the feat on the video streaming platform, while it is the first from a solo artist to hit the milestone. Guns N' Roses' November Rain, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, and The Cranberries' Zombie are the other 90s tunes to land a billion views.



Emma: beautiful distraction

Actress Emma Roberts is glad her pregnancy has become a distraction from the doom and gloom of 2020 as she prepares to become a first-time mom.

The Scream Queens star and her boyfriend, actor Garrett Hedlund, are expecting a baby boy together, and focusing on their journey to parenthood has given the couple something to celebrate as the world continues to grapple with the COVID-19 crisis.

"I feel so lucky that I've had something so beautiful to look forward to in the midst of such a hard and difficult year for everybody, so I feel very lucky that I get to meet my baby boy at the end of the year," Roberts told U.S. breakfast show Today.

Although her due date is fast approaching, the actress has been keeping busy promoting her new Netflix romantic comedy Holidate, while also using her love of books to build up her resume as a producer, adapting lesbian vampire drama First Kill into an upcoming TV series for her Belletrist Productions company.

Discussing the new TV project, she smiled, "It's my dream come true, because... I always read the book before I see the movie or watch the show, and my dream is to really make a movie or a show that's as good as the book, as a book lover, and our first show that is announced is First Kill on Netflix.

"I'm so obsessed with it - I selfishly wanna make it just so that I can watch it. It's based on a short story by Victoria Schwab and it's vampires, and we're calling it a Juliette and Juliette love story, instead of Romeo and Juliet, so it's gonna be really fun."



Malcolm's spirit lingers

Rocker Angus Young silently communicates with his late brother and bandmate Malcolm whenever he performs with AC/DC.

Malcolm passed away in 2017, three years after he was forced to step down from the group, after a battle with dementia.

However, Angus still feels the rhythm guitarist's presence when he rocks out, particularly during recording sessions for the band's new album, Power Up.

"I still think he's there when I'm playing. It sounds funny, but I can still feel him communicating to me when I'm playing guitar," the lead guitarist tells British music website NME.

The late musician was rumoured to be playing on tracks on Power Up, speculation the band quashed, but Angus insists it's still very much his brother's album.

"This album was guided by Malcolm's vision," he says. "He was there from the beginning, and he's the guy that gave me a role in this band."

Returning frontman Brian Johnson, who missed the group's last world tour due to hearing loss, agrees.

Paying tribute to AC/DC's co-founder, Johnson adds, "With Malcolm, you've got to go back to the beginning when he turned to Angus and said, 'C'mon, we've got to start a band - there's too much soft music around. I wanna play some rock 'n' roll!'

"He was uncompromising in his ethic. If it wasn't rock 'n' roll, Malcolm didn't care for it. He's left us - but he's still there! In the studio and in everything he did. We're all very aware of that. When your target is to pay tribute to Malcolm, you just really want to do well and you don't want to let anyone down."



Sheeran UK's richest

Ed Sheeran has secured his position atop the Heat magazine's 2020 Rich List of Britain and Ireland's wealthiest stars under 30.

The singer-songwriter topped the countdown with an impressive $274 million fortune - $177 million above Harry Styles, who sits in second place with $97 million to his name.

Ed's earnings have increased by an estimated $52 million in the past 12 months, with the new dad the most played artist in the world with 9 million ticket sales for his recent, record-breaking Divide Tour and 150 million record sales to his name.

Meanwhile, Harry has also added around $52 million to his One Direction earnings since going solo, thanks to his U.S. chart-topping album Fine Line and single Watermelon Sugar in the past 12 months, plus a hit tour and lucrative Gucci promo deal.

His former bandmates Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik also land in the top 10, at four, six, seven and nine, respectively. The X Factor U.K. winners Little Mix have also broken into the top five, with $71 million between the four band members.

Actress Emma Watson comes in at three, while model Cara Delevingne finishes in eighth place. Singer Sam Smith rounds out the top 10.



Blowin' in the wind: Lost interviews hold new Dylan insights

Lost Dylan interviews found

For nearly half a century, they were blowin' in the wind: lost interviews that contained surprising new insights about celebrated singer-songwriter Bob Dylan.

Transcripts of the 1971 interviews with the late American blues artist Tony Glover — and letters the two friends exchanged — have surfaced at a Boston auction house. They reveal that Dylan had anti-Semitism on his mind when he changed his name and wrote “Lay Lady Lay” for singer and actress Barbra Streisand.

Some of the 37 typed pages contain handwritten notes in Dylan's own scrawl, said R.R. Auction, which is selling Glover's trove of Dylan archives. “My work is a moving thing," Dylan scribbled in one spot. Elsewhere, he used a blue marker to strike through passages he evidently didn't like.

“In many cases, the deletions are more telling than the additions," said Bobby Livingston, the auction house's executive vice-president.

Dylan, 79, was close friends with Glover, who died last year. The two men broke into music on the same Minneapolis coffeehouse scene. Glover's widow, Cynthia Nadler, put the documents up for auction, with online bidding to start Nov. 12 and run through Nov. 19.

The reclusive Dylan, who won the Nobel prize for literature in 2016 after giving the world “Blowin' in the Wind,” “Like a Rolling Stone,” “The Times They Are a-Changin'” and other anthems of the '60s, was born Robert Zimmerman in Duluth, Minnesota. And his rambling chats with Glover help explain the name change.

A March 22, 1971, conversation began with Dylan joking: “I mean it wouldn’t've worked if I’d changed the name to Bob Levy. Or Bob Neuwirth. Or Bob Doughnut.”

But in handwritten additions, the tone became more serious as Dylan discussed his Jewish identity. “A lot of people are under the impression that Jews are just money lenders and merchants. A lot of people think that all Jews are like that. Well they used to be cause that’s all that was open to them. That’s all they were allowed to do," he wrote.

In the interviews, Dylan also recalled when he famously “went electric” at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival in Rhode Island, where folk purists in the crowd booed him. “Yeah, it was a strange night,” he said.

There's also a letter Dylan penned in February 1962, a month before he released his debut album, in which he quoted folk legend Woody Guthrie: “Sometimes I feel like a piece of dirt walkin.’"

After visiting Guthrie in May of that year, Dylan penned these lyrics, which have never been made public:

“My eyes are cracked I think I been framed / I can’t seem to remember the sound of my name / What did he teach you I heard someone shout / Did he teach you to wheel & wind yourself out / Did he teach you to reveal, respect, and repent the blues / No Jack he taught me how to sleep in my shoes.”

“Lay Lady Lay” long was said to have been written for the 1969 Oscar-winning movie “Midnight Cowboy,” but Dylan told Glover he wrote it as a tune for Streisand. He didn't elaborate on the nature of their relationship.

The interviews originally were for an article Glover was writing for Esquire magazine, but Dylan lost interest and the piece never was completed, R.R. Auction said.



Shia strips down for video

Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley appear nude as a couple facing relationship struggles in Rainsford's new video.

In the 10-minute Love Me Like You Hate Me - the new promo for the track released by actress Qualley's sister - the Hollywood stars pair up as lovers and in one clip, the actors are naked while kissing and getting intimate in bed.

The split screen video also features them as they perform an interpretative dance that "portrays the tenderness and toxicity of a relationship, presented from the dual, and at times conflicting, perspectives of a couple", according to a press release.

The video features choreography by the JA Collective and was produced by LaBeouf's frequent collaborator, performance artist Luke Turner. Argentine native Natasha Braier served as cinematographer.

LaBeouf previously showed off his movement skills in Sia's controversial Elastic Heart music video in 2015, while Qualley trained as a ballerina before breaking out into acting.



Borat lawsuit dismissed

A lawsuit filed by the estate of holocaust survivor Judith Dim Evans against Borat Subsequent Moviefilm has been dismissed.

Evans, who died this summer, was approached to talk about the Holocaust for what she thought was a serious documentary, with her conversation filmed in a synagogue in Georgia in January. However, she later discovered it was to be used in Sacha Baron Cohen's sequel, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

"Upon learning after giving the interview that the movie was actually a comedy intended to mock the Holocaust and Jewish culture, Ms. Evans was horrified and upset," the lawsuit filed against Amazon Prime Video and Oak Springs Productions read.

After the lawsuit was filed in Georgia by Dim Evans' daughter Michelle Dim St. Pierre, a judge in the state rejected it. St. Pierre then withdrew the lawsuit.

Russell Smith, the lawyer for Amazon's streaming service, said in a statement following the rejection: "The lawsuit was dismissed, unconditionally. The lawsuit is over. Sacha Baron Cohen was deeply grateful for the opportunity to work with Judith Dim Evans, whose compassion and courage as a Holocaust survivor has touched the hearts of millions of people who have seen the film.

"Judith's life is a powerful rebuke to those who deny the Holocaust, and with this film and his activism, Sacha Baron Cohen will continue his advocacy to combat Holocaust denial around the world."



Sam wants kids, but not yet

Sam Smith is hoping to start a family by the age of 35.

The 28-year-old singer, who is set to release new album Love Goes on Friday, opened up on their plans for parenthood in an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe, admitting they're giving themselves up until their mid-30s to make family plans.

"I want kids. I want all of it. I want to have kids. I want to be with the kids and I want to watch them grow and be with them every day. I want to be mummy," said the Diamonds star, who identifies as gender non-binary.

"I'm definitely going to do that at some point, but I've still got more in me. I've still got ambition. I try and settle it down all the time and play it down, but I'm ambitious and I would still want to sing to people and do this job. It's an amazing feeling."

However, when it comes to finding love, Sam's not been so lucky, explaining: "I'm going to work my ass off until then (and) hopefully find a boyfriend – but they're absolutely nowhere to be found anywhere in London

"I've been searching all over the place," they confessed. "Honestly, I've been on the frontline now for a good three years, and it's exhausting."



Thieves hit Conan show

Conan O'Brien's talk show set has been burglarized, with thieves making off with several laptops and a wooden clapperboard.

The 57-year-old comedian had set up his show in Los Angeles' famous Largo at the Coronet nightclub, in a bid to help out the venue amid the coronavirus pandemic but, on Monday night's show, Conan revealed that the set had been targeted by robbers.

"Someone broke into our little theater and took some of our equipment," he began, before telling comedic sidekick Andy Richter: "We got robbed, Andy. Robbed!"

Referring to the fake audience members set up in the stands at the venue, Conan continued: "And whoever broke in here had to stare at 350 cardboard cutouts of exuberant fans in the eyes and say, 'Hey, don't mind me. I'm going to steal some s**t'."

Field producer Jason Chillemi added that the culprit stole several laptop computers, used to conduct interviews over Zoom, and the programme's wooden clapperboard - used to synchronise the picture and audio on the show.

"That's the lowest. I can't think of anything lower," Conan added. "Okay, the laptops - fine. (But) you took the slate? That's crazy."



More Entertainment News

162394




157940
Recent Trending




162165
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada



162942
163259