A Castanet reader has won a wicked windfall of prizes.
Diane McGill is the lucky winner of Castanet's Wicked Winter Windfall contest – a haul of loot valued at nearly $7,000.
There were nearly 60,000 entries.
The prize package includes:
- Two nights' stay at Sparkling Hill Resort
- An Easter weekend getaway for four at Big White Ski Resort
- A 12-round golf pack, with cart, from Sunset Ranch Golf and Country Club
- Camping package that includes Campfire in a Can, two Big Dog lawn chairs, two Faulkner lawn chairs and a mat and table from Country RV
- A $500 gift card from J.K. Schmidt Jewellers
- A pair of Armada ARV106 skis valued at $679 from Fresh Air
- Echo Pro Attachment Series Powerhead with a trimmer attachment valued at $590 from Savoy Equipment
- $500 off a base coat/clear coat paint job from Maaco Kelowna
- One month unlimited and a pair of barre socks valued at $166 from Barreroom
- Headlight protection film valued at $100 from Solar Tech Films
- Basic tax return valued at $200 from Maciel and Co.
- Customized photo facial rejuvenation with microdermabrasion valued at $168 from Neo Wellness Spa
- $100 gift certificate from Sound Waves and Adrenaline
- $100 gift certificate from Pinned Boutique
- $100 gift certificate from Doc Willoughby's
Thanks to all who entered and to all our contest sponsors.
Check back for more great giveaways on Castanet, your homepage for news and more.
Our classified section is currently under maintenance.
On Tuesday, we had intermittent trouble with our iPhone, Android and iPad app. We also noticed at times our website wasn’t as responsive and reliable as usual.
We've isolated the problem to our classifieds section, and we’ve been working to get our website and app back to 100 per cent.
Our apologies and thanks for your patience as we work to correct it.
In the meantime, we’ve made improvements to the website that we hope you’ll find enhance your Castanet experience.
We’ve introduced new editions and tweaked our menu buttons, giving you fast access to the features you use the most.
We've made some changes to make your Castanet experience even better.
Readers will notice we’ve added two new buttons to our menu bar: Opinion and Our Town.
All of our opinion-related pieces are now grouped under the opinion menu, including columnists, forums, op-eds, polls and letters.
Under the Our Town heading, you’ll find items amalgamated from the previous community and city menus, including events, obituaries, Adopt-a-Pet and a list of links to city websites across our region. With an enhanced menu, we’ve made it even easier to find helpful resources.
And we keep on growing.
We've added new editions in Penticton and Kamloops.
When you switch between city editions, you’ll see content tailored to each community.
A new city selector button up in the masthead allows readers to easily click between editions to see what’s going on in other regions.
And, we’re only weeks away from opening a new office in downtown Penticton to serve the South Okanagan even better.
We’ve doubled our reporting staff in the city with the addition of Dustin Godfrey to the Castanet team.
Last, but by no means least, we’ll soon be breaking ground on a brand-new, three-storey head office and studio in Kelowna.
Jeff F. is July's winner in the Big Surf Beer Summer Fun Photo Contest.
He sent in this shot called ‘Summer.’
Jeff is the final winner of a summer shred package consisting of a Big Surf longboard and shorts, sandals, shades and a shirt from ONE Boardshop.
View the gallery of submissions here.
More What's Up articles
- Headed to see Billy Idol Jun 22
- Flower Power ticket winner Jun 13
- Big Surf June winner Jun 7
- We've had some work done Jun 3
- Spring Getaway winner May 25
- Big Surf photo winner May 4
- Spring on the slopes winner Mar 25
- Spring on the slopes winner Mar 25
- Spring on the slopes winner Mar 9
- Spring on the slopes Mar 4
- We've got crosswords Feb 25
- Castanet Vernon winner Feb 23