- 1 pounds (450 g) wild mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized heirloom tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion
- 1 large bell peppers
- 1 medium-sized squash
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (170 grams) honey or agave
- 1/2 small bunch fresh Basil
- 10 bamboo skewers
Soak the skewers for 45 minutes in water, this will prevent them from burning when grilled. Cut vegetables into uniform bite sized pieces and line them up on the skewers. Arrange vegetables to keep like colors separate. Think rainbows! Keep in mind this can be eaten by hand and doesn'' need a knife and fork.
To make the veggie glaze, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey (or agave) and simmer for 10 minutes. Let the glaze cool down to room temperature. The glaze will become thicker as it cools down but should still be pourable like honey. While the glaze is still warm, tear up the basil to release its flavor and add it to the glaze. Grill the kebabs on a grill pre-heated to 400-450F (205 - 230C). The goal is to get some grilled flavor and color on a couple sides. This should take under a minute on each side.
Once the kebabs look good, plate them and spoon the veggie glaze over the top of the skewer. The veggie glaze will run down and coat the rest of the kebab naturally. Make sure you get plenty of that great basil on there from the glaze.
Submitted by: Alanna
Read more Recipes articles
- Creamy Garlic Caesar Salad Dressing Jan 7
- Tangy vegetables & chicken over greens Jan 3
- Curried squash and pear soup Sep 12
- Coronation grape muffins Aug 28
- Red potato dill salad Jun 5
- Nectarine arugula salad May 22
- BBQ corn on the cob May 15
- Warm asparagus salad May 9
(Click for RSS instructions.)