How to wear the trend
The leading fashion designers are always thinking months ahead of the current season and forecasting trends a year in advance (at least). As I attended different shows at New York Fashion Week, it was obvious that each designer has their own unique point of view and aesthetic for their collection, but common trends definitely emerged throughout the week.
- Break the age-old rule of not wearing white after labour day and rock everything from skinny jeans to fishermen sweaters in a clean and crisp white.
- Black from head to toe is no longer for funerals and wait staff! Rock the look by mixing different textures like velvet, lace, leather, and knits.
- Black trousers or an A-line skirt, plus a white silk blouse and pumps is oh so classic, oh so adorable, and oh so on trend.
How to wear the trend!
Read more Okanaganista articles
- Fashion resolutions: Part 1 Jan 4
- Holiday hair tutorial Dec 28
- Christmas essentials Dec 21
- Holiday sweaters Dec 14
- Festive footwear Dec 7
- Metallics Nov 30
- Stand out with camouflage Nov 23
- Layering for winter Nov 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)