Jun 29, 2012 / 5:00 am
Unlike some patterns that come into fashion for a brief period then disappear for a long time (yes, I'm looking at you Aztec print), a classic floral print will always be in style. I like to think that floral print just like stripes or solids; no matter where fashion is headed, it remains a staple pattern in our wardrobes.
- Keep your pieces neutral when dressing up floral pants and add a pop of colour with your shoes.
- Wear the print head to toe in the summers hottest dress, the maxi. Maxi dresses in a fun print make it so easy to get dressed in the morning; just throw on the dress and grab any handbag for a no fuss ensemble.
- Wear a girly, romantic floral sundress and pair it with a cardigan and strappy sandals for a casual yet pretty look suitable for everything from brunch to work to running errands.
(Photo: Rhys Albrecht - rhysalbrecht.com)
Summer is the perfect time for statement sunglasses! Add them to every day outfits or at the beach for an unexpected shot of pattern to your outfit.
Read more Okanaganista articles
- Fashion resolutions: Part 1 Jan 4
- Holiday hair tutorial Dec 28
- Christmas essentials Dec 21
- Holiday sweaters Dec 14
- Festive footwear Dec 7
- Metallics Nov 30
- Stand out with camouflage Nov 23
- Layering for winter Nov 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)