Neon is back
Jun 22, 2012 / 5:00 am
You know what I really love about summer? No more boring, dull and dour colour palettes: bright, eye-catching, jaw dropping, double-take colour is IN this summer (and, let's hope, sticking around this fall since I've just stocked my closet with every colour in the rainbow).
- If you would like to get your feet wet with the neon, I'd suggest finding this colour in small doses like a hot pink skinny belt or a neon necklace. By pairing these accessories with your everyday wear it heighten your summer look and make a plain basic into something fun and fresh.
- My favourite take on the neon trend is solid coloured handbags! My personal favourite right now is a the satchel; such a classic sensible bag in such a crazy colour is such a great juxtaposition! Pair this structured tote or any other neon bag with chic separates like a short suit to keep the neon from looking cheesy.
- The coloured jean trend is still going full force, and of course neon jeans and trousers are all over the stores. To beat the heat, pick up a neon pair of shorts and pair it with your favourite lightweight tank and strappy sandals for a casual and easy breezy summer day outfit.
Photo: Contributed - (Photo: Rhys Albrecht - rhysalbrecht.com)
Read more Okanaganista articles
- Fashion resolutions: Part 1 Jan 4
- Holiday hair tutorial Dec 28
- Christmas essentials Dec 21
- Holiday sweaters Dec 14
- Festive footwear Dec 7
- Metallics Nov 30
- Stand out with camouflage Nov 23
- Layering for winter Nov 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)