Behind trench coat fashion
Jun 15, 2012 / 5:00 am
My plan this week was to write all about hot summer clothes like neon colours and cut-offs and how it can be a challenge to dress fashionably in the heat. But since the rain and clouds have been hanging around for weeks, let's shelve that topic for now and instead talk about something that is a little more practical for the weather we've been having.
- Add the summer's hottest colours to the neutral coat. I especially love wearing my trench with bright skinny jeans since again, your coat will add that finishing touch to a busy outfit.
- Play with patterns and textures. Wearing a gingham pattern and a jean jacket underneath adds dimension and texture to the classic piece.
- Wear it over a simple dress and add colourful accessories. The trench coat can be a great addition for a date night by pairing it with your favourite dress. Hot pink add-ons make the outfit pop and keep it summer appropriate.
- The perfect thing about the trench coat is how light it is. I love wearing a cropped version over my cutoffs and t-shirt. It's a perfect outfit for a cooler morning walk and when the weather warms up there's no need for an outfit change.
(Photo: Rhys Albrecht - rhysalbrecht.com)
Read more Okanaganista articles
- Fashion resolutions: Part 1 Jan 4
- Holiday hair tutorial Dec 28
- Christmas essentials Dec 21
- Holiday sweaters Dec 14
- Festive footwear Dec 7
- Metallics Nov 30
- Stand out with camouflage Nov 23
- Layering for winter Nov 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)