Bear denied service at Alaska bar
Sep 24, 2013 / 7:21 pm
If only all unwelcome bar guests were this obliging.
A black bear walked into the bar at the Alaskan Hotel in downtown Juneau on Monday night.
Bartender Ariel Svetlik-McCarthy says she freaked out and yelled, "No bear! Get out! No! You can't be in here!"
The bear complied, leaving the bar within seconds.
State biologist Ryan Scott says it's rare for black bears to go inside Juneau businesses, but they have wandered inside homes before.
He tells KTOO the staff did a great job, and it was good news the bear left.
State wildlife officials have killed two nuisance bears in Juneau this summer.
Read more World News
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
- Woman live-tweets husband's death
- Shanghai pollution at dangerous levels
- Whale rescuers feeling more optimistic
- Driving 50-ton battle tank - not easy
- Russian diplomats accused of fraud
- White House changes story
- Three years in prison for ivory smuggler
- Nelson Mandela, prisoner and president
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Powerful storm slams Europe
(Click for RSS instructions.)