Rapper Gucci Mane arrested in Atlanta
Sep 14, 2013 / 4:21 pm
Atlanta police have arrested rapper Gucci Mane on weapons and drug charges.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and WSB-TV said an Atlanta police report shows officers responded to a call shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday in southwest Atlanta from a friend of the rapper who was concerned about his behaviour. The police report said Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, became "increasingly agitated with officers and began cursing and threatening them."
The report said the 33-year-old rapper was checked out at an Atlanta hospital and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, disorderly conduct and marijuana possession.
Davis was indicted in April on an assault charge involving an incident at an Atlanta nightclub. He pleaded not guilty.
Davis released his eighth studio album, "Trap House III," in May.
Read more World News
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
(Click for RSS instructions.)