Bus overturns in Ohio; 34 injured
Sep 14, 2013 / 7:33 am
Authorities say a Greyhound bus has overturned on an interstate in southwest Ohio and 34 people have been hurt, with injuries ranging from minor to severe.
Officials with the Butler County Emergency Operations Center say in a statement the bus, carrying 52 people, was headed northbound on I-75 when it overturned about 26 miles north of Cincinnati at approximately 4 a.m.
Authorities say 34 people have been transported to area hospitals. They say six were taken from the scene by medical helicopters, and 28 others taken to hospitals by ambulance.
Officials say the bus was bound for Detroit.
There was no immediate word on the cause of the crash.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)