Brothers get same, unexpected surgery
Sep 5, 2013 / 7:00 pm
Two Minnesota brothers ended up having emergency gallbladder surgery after visiting the hospital.
LeRoy Hanson, 65, of Sartell says he offered to give his 63-year-old brother Bruce a ride to the hospital Sunday after his brother called complaining of pain.
LeRoy says his brother was told he would have to have his gallbladder removed.
While LeRoy sat in the waiting room, he began experiencing the same symptoms as his brother. LeRoy tells the St. Cloud Times that by next morning he was in so much pain that he asked his wife to take him to the hospital.
Doctors told LeRoy he'd have to have his gallbladder removed, too.
That's not too unusual for the Hansons. Both brothers had their tonsils removed at the same time when they were children.
Read more World News
- Three years in prison for ivory smuggler
- Nelson Mandela, prisoner and president
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Powerful storm slams Europe
- Suicide bombing in Yemen kills 18
- Wildlife workers try to rescue whales
- 1 killed as gales hit Scotland
- Two dead in shooting near N.C. school
- School shooting 911 calls released
- Saying Grace costs $46 million
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
(Click for RSS instructions.)