New dog joins Obamas at White House
Aug 19, 2013 / 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Watch out, Bo, there's a new dog in town.
The White House says the Obamas have added a second dog to the first family. Her name is Sunny, and she's a Portuguese Water Dog â€” the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says that breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny was born a year ago in June in Michigan and arrived at the White House Monday.
She's expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The White House says the Obamas will donate in Sunny's honour to the Washington Humane Society.
The Obamas adopted their first White House dog in April 2009, fulfilling a campaign promise to daughters Sasha and Malia.
Read more World News
- Woman live-tweets husband's death
- Shanghai pollution at dangerous levels
- Whale rescuers feeling more optimistic
- Driving 50-ton battle tank - not easy
- Russian diplomats accused of fraud
- White House changes story
- Three years in prison for ivory smuggler
- Nelson Mandela, prisoner and president
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Powerful storm slams Europe
- Suicide bombing in Yemen kills 18
- Wildlife workers try to rescue whales
(Click for RSS instructions.)