Miss Teen USA extorted for nude pics
Aug 16, 2013 / 10:57 am
The FBI is investigating allegations that someone tried to extort nude photographs from the newly crowned Miss Teen USA after hacking into a webcam in her Southern California bedroom.
Cassidy Wolf told the website of NBC's "Today" show that she received an anonymous email several months ago. The sender claimed to have stolen images from the camera on her home computer.
The FBI tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise that the emailer threatened to go public with the images unless Wolf provided nude pictures.
The 19-year-old Wolf, a graduate of Great Oak High School in Temecula, won the Miss Teen USA crown on Saturday.
The FBI says she's one of more than a dozen alleged victims in the case.
Read more World News
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
(Click for RSS instructions.)