TV anchor accused of choking wife
Feb 18, 2013 / 11:03 pm
A New York television news anchor fought with his wife and then choked her at their home and threatened her even after he was arrested, police said.
A police mug shot of Rob Morrison shows him with what appears to be a bloody cut on the bridge of his nose and a nasty bruise on his swollen bottom lip.
Morrison, who posted $100,000 bond, was due in court Tuesday. He faced charges of strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct.
The couple's attorney said in a statement Monday they are co-operating fully with authorities in this "unfortunate incident."
"The Morrisons are confident that a full review of this matter will show that the allegations have been greatly exaggerated," attorney Robert Skovgaard said in the statement.
Read more World News
- Earthquake strikes south of Mexico City
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
(Click for RSS instructions.)