TV anchor accused of choking wife
Feb 18, 2013 / 11:03 pm
A New York television news anchor fought with his wife and then choked her at their home and threatened her even after he was arrested, police said.
A police mug shot of Rob Morrison shows him with what appears to be a bloody cut on the bridge of his nose and a nasty bruise on his swollen bottom lip.
Morrison, who posted $100,000 bond, was due in court Tuesday. He faced charges of strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct.
The couple's attorney said in a statement Monday they are co-operating fully with authorities in this "unfortunate incident."
"The Morrisons are confident that a full review of this matter will show that the allegations have been greatly exaggerated," attorney Robert Skovgaard said in the statement.
Read more World News
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
(Click for RSS instructions.)