Death toll in Quetta blast jumps to 60
Feb 16, 2013 / 11:49 am
A Pakistani official says the death toll in the evening bombing at a vegetable market in the city of Quetta has jumped to 60.
Quetta police chief Zubair Mahmood gave the updated figure a few hours after a bomb ripped through a crowded vegetable market Saturday evening.
Some 180 people were also wounded in the attack, which occurred in a mostly Shiite Muslim area.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)