Heli crashes while filming TV show
Feb 10, 2013 / 9:20 pm
Three people were killed Sunday in a pre-dawn helicopter crash in a rural area of northern Los Angeles County while filming for a new reality TV show for the Discovery Channel.
The copter crashed at about 3:40 a.m. local time at the popular filming location of Polsa Rosa Ranch in the city of Acton, Los Angeles County Fire dispatcher Robert Diaz said.
All three people aboard died, Diaz said. Their names weren't immediately released.
The show, listed on a filming permit as an untitled military-theme TV program, had not yet been aired or announced by Discovery, channel spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said.
"A production company was shooting a show for Discovery Channel when this tragic accident occurred," the station said in a statement. "We are all co-operating fully with authorities. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families."
Read more World News
- Bangkok police remove concrete barriers
- Dozens of same-sex marriages in Hawaii
- Online spending better on Black Friday
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
(Click for RSS instructions.)