Three people shot during Mardi Gras
Feb 9, 2013 / 9:49 pm
Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Read more World News
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
- Bangkok police remove concrete barriers
- Dozens of same-sex marriages in Hawaii
- Online spending better on Black Friday
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
(Click for RSS instructions.)