Three people shot during Mardi Gras
Feb 9, 2013 / 9:49 pm
Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)