5-year-old hostage is safe
Feb 4, 2013 / 2:37 pm
The 5-year-old boy held hostage nearly a week is safe and the Alabama man who held him hostage is dead.
Authorities are going live now (2:30 p.m.) with the announcement.
The news conference is being held Monday afternoon in Midland City. Police say 65-year-old Jim Dykes had been holding the boy hostage for days.
Before the news conference Monday, an ambulance that had been parked near the scene could be seen driving away.
Read more World News
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
(Click for RSS instructions.)