5-year-old hostage is safe
Feb 4, 2013 / 2:37 pm
The 5-year-old boy held hostage nearly a week is safe and the Alabama man who held him hostage is dead.
Authorities are going live now (2:30 p.m.) with the announcement.
The news conference is being held Monday afternoon in Midland City. Police say 65-year-old Jim Dykes had been holding the boy hostage for days.
Before the news conference Monday, an ambulance that had been parked near the scene could be seen driving away.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)