NYC woman found dead in Istanbul
Feb 3, 2013 / 7:20 am
Turkish police say a New York City woman who went missing and was later found dead in Istanbul had suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Istanbul police chief Huseyin Capkin said Sunday that forensic experts had not concluded their autopsy report on the victim, Sarai Sierra, but that it was "clear" the head injury caused her death.
NTV, a Turkish broadcaster, says 15 people have been detained for questioning in the case.
Sierra, a 33-year-old mother of two, was last heard from on Jan. 21, the day she was to fly home from a vacation. Her body was discovered Saturday evening near the remnants of ancient city walls.
Read more World News
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
- Bunga bunga girls dressed as sexy nuns
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
(Click for RSS instructions.)