NYC woman found dead in Istanbul
Feb 3, 2013 / 7:20 am
Turkish police say a New York City woman who went missing and was later found dead in Istanbul had suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Istanbul police chief Huseyin Capkin said Sunday that forensic experts had not concluded their autopsy report on the victim, Sarai Sierra, but that it was "clear" the head injury caused her death.
NTV, a Turkish broadcaster, says 15 people have been detained for questioning in the case.
Sierra, a 33-year-old mother of two, was last heard from on Jan. 21, the day she was to fly home from a vacation. Her body was discovered Saturday evening near the remnants of ancient city walls.
Read more World News
- School shooting 911 calls released
- Saying Grace costs $46 million
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
(Click for RSS instructions.)