Teen wounded in school shooting
Jan 31, 2013 / 1:12 pm
Authorities say a 14-year-old has been wounded in a shooting at an Atlanta middle school and a suspect has been taken into custody.
Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos says the wounded student has been taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Hospital.
He says the suspect has been tentatively identified as a student and all other students at the school are safe. Campos says the teen was shot outside of the school building Thursday afternoon.
Atlanta Fire Cpt. Marian McDaniel says the teen was shot in the head. McDaniel says a teacher suffered minor cuts and bruises, but was treated on the scene about 2 miles south of downtown.
TV news helicopters show a swarm of Atlanta police officers at the school and parents standing outside.
Read more World News
- Earthquake strikes south of Mexico City
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
(Click for RSS instructions.)