Porn star has surgery for heart aneurysm
Jan 31, 2013 / 7:25 am
A spokesman says porn star Ron Jeremy is recovering from surgery at a Los Angeles hospital after an aneurysm near his heart sent him to intensive care.
Agent Mike Esterman said in an email to The Associated Press that he and others were waiting for Jeremy to awake Wednesday night after a smooth procedure.
Esterman said the 59-year-old Jeremy had a heavy feeling in his chest and drove himself to the hospital, where they diagnosed the aneurysm and put him in the intensive care unit.
One of the best-known names in the porn industry, Jeremy has said he's appeared in more than 2,000 adult films.
While officially retired, he still shows up in films and public events. He appeared in the reality TV series "The Surreal Life."
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)