Factory fire kills 6 in Bangladesh
Jan 26, 2013 / 6:48 am
Police say a fire in a garment factory has killed six female workers and injured another five in the Bangladesh capital, just months after more than 100 died in another factory fire.
Police officer Monzurul Kabir said the fire erupted Saturday in the factory in Dhaka. The cause of fire is not immediately known.
In November, a major fire killed 112 people in another factory in Bangladesh, raising questions about safety standards and treatment of workers.
Read more World News
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
(Click for RSS instructions.)