Factory fire kills 6 in Bangladesh
Jan 26, 2013 / 6:48 am
Police say a fire in a garment factory has killed six female workers and injured another five in the Bangladesh capital, just months after more than 100 died in another factory fire.
Police officer Monzurul Kabir said the fire erupted Saturday in the factory in Dhaka. The cause of fire is not immediately known.
In November, a major fire killed 112 people in another factory in Bangladesh, raising questions about safety standards and treatment of workers.
Read more World News
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
- Bunga bunga girls dressed as sexy nuns
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
(Click for RSS instructions.)