NKorea poised to conduct nuclear test
Jan 23, 2013 / 9:20 pm
North Korea is warning that it is prepared to conduct a nuclear test and carry out more long-range rocket launches.
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defence Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.
Read more World News
- Pair charged in Oklahoma shooting
- Israel, Lebanon move to ease tensions
- Wildfire in Big Sur destroys 15 homes
- Charged over offensive tweets
- Car bombs kills 23 in Iraq
- NASA debates spacewalk fix
- Fidel Castro in 'excellent health'
- Israeli soldiers involved in skirmish
- 16 dead after knife attack in China
- Syrian government airstrikes hit rebels
- South Sudan coup failed
- Suspect arrested; girl found in trash bin
(Click for RSS instructions.)