NKorea poised to conduct nuclear test
Jan 23, 2013 / 9:20 pm
North Korea is warning that it is prepared to conduct a nuclear test and carry out more long-range rocket launches.
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defence Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.
Read more World News
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
(Click for RSS instructions.)