Authorities ID New Mexico victims
Jan 20, 2013 / 9:10 pm
Authorities in New Mexico say the five people who were found fatally shot in a home are a Fire Department chaplain, his wife, and three of their children.
The Bernalillo County sheriff's office said in a statement late Sunday that the victims are Greg Griego, his wife Sara Greigo, and the children: 9-year-old Zephania Griego, 5-year-old Jael Griego, and 2-year-old Angelina Griego.
Greg Griego's 15-year-old son has been arrested on murder and other charges in connection with the shootings, which happened Saturday night in a rural area southwest of downtown Albuquerque.
Authorities aren't releasing any details about any conversations the teenager has had with investigators.
Investigators say they won't release any more information until Sheriff Dan Houston holds a news conference Tuesday.
Read more World News
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
(Click for RSS instructions.)