Wedding party balloon ride crashes
Jan 8, 2013 / 6:38 am
A sunset wedding ceremony aboard a hot air balloon got off to a bumpy start when a gust of wind forced the pilot to make a crash landing in the yard of a San Diego home.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Maurice Luque says one of the 14 people onboard suffered a minor back injury Monday.
The marrying couple told KGTV the gust caught the balloon just after they exchanged their vows, causing it to sway over the Rancho Penasquitos neighbourhood.
The landing on a hillside fence behind the house was filmed by a member of the wedding party.
Video showed the blue-and-yellow balloon draped over trees near the house afterward.
The couple continued to their reception.
Read more World News
- Wildlife workers try to rescue whales
- 1 killed as gales hit Scotland
- Two dead in shooting near N.C. school
- School shooting 911 calls released
- Saying Grace costs $46 million
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
(Click for RSS instructions.)