Rare photos of The Beatles for sale
Jan 6, 2013 / 12:59 pm
Unpublished early colour photographs of The Beatles' first U.S. tour will be sold at a U.K. auction.
The photos were taken during the rock band's 1964 visit to the U.S., when colour film was expensive and most images of the group were in black and white.
The collection of 65 slides contains many stage shots, including George Harrison with his legendary red Rickenbacker guitar and close-up portraits from a Las Vegas Sahara Hotel press conference and Las Vegas Convention Centre gig.
The images were taken by Dr. Robert Beck, who died in 2002 and left them in an archive of photographs and slides in his Hollywood home.
Omega Auctions said the images will be sold March 22 -- exactly 50 years after The Beatles released their first album.
Read more World News
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
(Click for RSS instructions.)