Photographer killed hunting Bieber
Jan 2, 2013 / 7:09 am
Police say a paparazzo was hit by a car and killed after taking photos of Justin Bieber's Ferrari sports car in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles police Officer James Stoughton says the man died at a hospital Tuesday evening. Stoughton says Bieber was not in the car at the time.
Sgt. Rudy Lopez told the Los Angeles Times newspaper that the pop star's friend was driving the car when it was pulled over for a traffic stop. It was parked on a busy street when the photographer arrived.
Police say the man was struck by a car as he returned to his own car.
Stoughton says no charges are expected against the motorist who hit the man.
A call to a Bieber publicist was not immediately returned.
Read more World News
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
- Associated Press subpoenaed
- Mother's Day shooting suspect ID'd
- Hadfield and crew are back on earth
- Explosions, fire reported at gas plant
(Click for RSS instructions.)