Ex-President George H.W. Bush in ICU
Dec 26, 2012 / 3:52 pm
A spokesman says former President George H.W. Bush is in the intensive care unit at a Houston hospital.
Bush's spokesman, Jim McGrath, said Wednesday evening that the former president has been in the ICU at Methodist Hospital since Sunday.
No details were immediately provided. But earlier Wednesday, McGrath said a fever that kept Bush in the hospital over Christmas had gotten worse and that doctors had put him on a liquids-only diet.
A bronchitis-like cough initially brought Bush to the hospital on Nov. 23.
McGrath says the cough has improved, and that the 88-year-old is now coughing about once a day.
Read more World News
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
(Click for RSS instructions.)