US gunman leaves note
Dec 25, 2012 / 9:40 am
WEBSTER, N.Y. - Police in New York state say the man who lured firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of gunfire left a note saying he wanted to burn down the neighbourhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people."
Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said Tuesday that the man's sister had not yet been found. He said 62-year-old ex-convict William Spengler armed himself with three weapons and set his house on fire to lure first responders into a death trap.
Two firefighters were shot dead and two others are hospitalized. Spengler killed himself as seven houses burned around him Monday.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)