US gunman leaves note
Dec 25, 2012 / 9:40 am
WEBSTER, N.Y. - Police in New York state say the man who lured firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of gunfire left a note saying he wanted to burn down the neighbourhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people."
Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said Tuesday that the man's sister had not yet been found. He said 62-year-old ex-convict William Spengler armed himself with three weapons and set his house on fire to lure first responders into a death trap.
Two firefighters were shot dead and two others are hospitalized. Spengler killed himself as seven houses burned around him Monday.
Read more World News
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
- Associated Press subpoenaed
- Mother's Day shooting suspect ID'd
- Hadfield and crew are back on earth
(Click for RSS instructions.)