Netflix Christmas Eve outage
Dec 25, 2012 / 1:02 am
Families across the United States will have to rely on other sources of entertainment after Netflix's video streaming service was hit by a Christmas Eve outage.
The company based in Los Gatos, Calif., apologized in a company tweet for the outage Monday night.
The company says on its Twitter page that the outage was caused by "some of Amazon's cloud infrastructure." Netflix says it was working with Amazon engineers to restore the outage, which a company spokesman told the Wall Street Journal stretched "across the Americas."
Attempts to reach Netflix by The Associated Press were unsuccessful.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)