Guatemalan police arrest John McAfee
Dec 5, 2012 / 7:18 pm
A Guatemalan official says software company founder John McAfee has been arrested in Guatemala City for entering the country illegally.
Interior Minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla said McAfee was detained by police at a hotel in an upscale neighbourhood.
Earlier Wednesday, McAfee said he had formally requested asylum in Guatemala claiming he is being persecuted in Belize, where he is wanted for questioning in the fatal shooting of a neighbour.
Read more World News
- Bangkok police remove concrete barriers
- Dozens of same-sex marriages in Hawaii
- Online spending better on Black Friday
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
(Click for RSS instructions.)