Prince William visits Kate in hospital
Dec 4, 2012 / 6:51 am
Prince William is visiting his pregnant wife Kate in a London hospital, where she is spending a second day being treated for acute morning sickness.
William arrived at the King Edward VII private hospital just before noon.
Royal officials announced Monday that Kate is pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness that can lead to dehydration or worse if left untreated. She is expected to remain hospitalized for several days.
The pregnancy comes after a 2011 decision by the leaders of Britain and 15 Commonwealth nations endorsing new rules that give girls equal status with boys in the order of succession.
Experts caution that laws to enact the change have not yet been passed, which could cause uncertainty if the baby is a girl.
Read more World News
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
(Click for RSS instructions.)