William and Kate expecting 1st child
Dec 3, 2012 / 8:00 am
Palace officials say Prince William and his wife are expecting their first child.
St. James Palace said Monday that the Duchess of Cambridge has a severe form of morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital.
As the first born to William - who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles - the couple's first child stands an excellent chance of one day becoming monarch.
Whether boy or girl, the child will be behind Prince William in the line of succession to the throne, Cabinet Office officials said.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)