Ram on the run in Iowa
Dec 1, 2012 / 1:06 pm
A shaggy brown ram successfully dodged police, his handlers and a few cars while trotting through downtown Des Moines after escaping from his trailer.
But the ram's freedom only lasted about an hour Friday before he was cornered and tackled by about a half dozen of his pursuers.
The Navajo-Churro ram jumped from a trailer near the Iowa Capitol on Friday morning. He led police, Animal Rescue League officials and some Capitol workers on a chase.
Video from KCCI-TV shows the animal strolling along downtown sidewalks and streets, resembling a wooly ball of hair bouncing on tiny legs and picking up speed when someone got too close.
Authorities say the ram was being taken from Creston to Cedar Rapids.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)