Wedding travellers killed by land mine
Nov 16, 2012 / 9:04 am
A roadside bomb in western Afghanistan killed 17 civilians travelling to a wedding Friday, an Afghan official said.
Abdul Rahman Zhuwandai, a spokesman for Farah province, said the civilians were riding in a bus that hit the bomb in Pusht Rod district.
At least 10 people were wounded in the explosion in what is a relatively peaceful part of the country.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the attack, saying, "Our people want to live in joy and happiness."
Separately, two service members with the U.S-led military coalition were killed Friday by a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition said. Their nationalities were not released.
So far this year, 377 U.S. and other foreign troops have been killed in Afghanistan.
Read more World News
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban
(Click for RSS instructions.)