Possible terrorist arrested in UK
Nov 12, 2012 / 11:17 am
British police say a man has been arrested at London's Heathrow Airport as part of an investigation into travel to Syria in support of alleged terrorist activity.
Scotland Yard said the 24-year-old, whose name and nationality were not provided, was taken into custody by counterterrorism officers after immigration officials stopped him once he arrived on a flight from Bahrain Monday morning.
Police said the man was arrested on suspicion of the "commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism" and is being questioned at a south London police station.
One man previously arrested in connection with the same investigation was charged in October with the kidnapping of two Western journalists in Syria.
Read more World News
- Pope Francis blesses Harley-Davidsons
- Earthquake strikes south of Mexico City
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
(Click for RSS instructions.)