Students walk on water
Nov 8, 2012 / 1:42 pm
Students from Florida International University have been walking on water for a class assignment.
To do it, they wear water shoes that they created.
The students had to make it to the other side of a 175-foot (53-meter) lake on campus Thursday while wearing the aquatic shoes in order to earn an "A'' on the assignment. Alex Quinones was the first to do so in just over a minute, earning himself $500 and major bragging rights.
A total of 79 students competed in the race.
Architecture professor Jaime Canaves says the annual race is a lesson in in life as well as architecture. He says he wants to show his students that as long as they research and test their work, anything is possible, even "walking on water."
Read more World News
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
- Presidents & royalty at Mandela service
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
(Click for RSS instructions.)