Trump loses lid over election results
Nov 7, 2012 / 11:28 am
Donald Trump has deleted some of the Twitter tirade he posted following President Barack Obama's re-election and added new critiques of NBC's Brian Williams.
Trump began tweeting before the election was called that it was "a total sham and a travesty." After news outlets projected that Obama won the election, Trump tweeted, "Well, back to the drawing board!" He posted more than 10 angry tweets, declaring "our nation is a once great nation divided" and "the world is laughing at us." He encouraged a "revolution in this country."
"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy," fumed the celebrity mogul.
Williams showed some of Trump's tweets on air, saying he had "driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible."
Trump tweeted a retort on Wednesday saying Williams "knows that I think his newscast has become totally boring so he took a shot at me last night." He added in another tweet, "Wouldn't you love to have my ratings?"
He also deleted some of Tuesday night's tirade, including tweets calling for revolution and incorrectly saying that Obama had lost the popular vote. In a new tweet Wednesday, he said the election was "the Republicans to win" but that Romney hadn't connected with the people.
Read more World News
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
- A step toward to democracy after coup
- Gov't supporters and foes clash violently
- Plane crash in Namibia, kills all on board
(Click for RSS instructions.)