Romney concedes defeat
Nov 6, 2012 / 10:26 pm
Mitt Romney has conceded defeat in the presidential contest.
The Republican nominee told supporters he would pray for Barack Obama's success in leading the nation.
Romney thanked his running mate Paul Ryan, saying the Wisconsin congressman had a bright future in the GOP.
Romney lost nearly all the major battleground states to Obama including Ohio, the hardest fought prize.
The former Massachusetts governor said it was time to put aside partisan bickering and work together for the good of the country.
Read more World News
- Online spending better on Black Friday
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
- A step toward to democracy after coup
- Gov't supporters and foes clash violently
(Click for RSS instructions.)