Romney concedes defeat
Nov 6, 2012 / 10:26 pm
Mitt Romney has conceded defeat in the presidential contest.
The Republican nominee told supporters he would pray for Barack Obama's success in leading the nation.
Romney thanked his running mate Paul Ryan, saying the Wisconsin congressman had a bright future in the GOP.
Romney lost nearly all the major battleground states to Obama including Ohio, the hardest fought prize.
The former Massachusetts governor said it was time to put aside partisan bickering and work together for the good of the country.
Read more World News
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
- Singer, 18, now up in the Clouds
- White House staff knew of tax probe
(Click for RSS instructions.)