Romney concedes defeat
Nov 6, 2012 / 10:26 pm
Mitt Romney has conceded defeat in the presidential contest.
The Republican nominee told supporters he would pray for Barack Obama's success in leading the nation.
Romney thanked his running mate Paul Ryan, saying the Wisconsin congressman had a bright future in the GOP.
Romney lost nearly all the major battleground states to Obama including Ohio, the hardest fought prize.
The former Massachusetts governor said it was time to put aside partisan bickering and work together for the good of the country.
Read more World News
- Art stolen from London gallery
- Man signing at Mandela memorial a fake
- Crane collapses on supermarket, 1 dead
- Stolen cobalt-60 finally removed by robot
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
(Click for RSS instructions.)