Beauty salon shooting, 3 dead
Oct 18, 2012 / 10:46 am
A gunman opened fire in a central Florida beauty salon Thursday, fatally shooting three women and wounding a fourth before leaving the scene and killing himself, police said.
The gunman entered Las Dominicanas M & M Salon in Casselberry shortly after 11 a.m., police spokeswoman Sara Brady said. Two women escaped the salon.
Police have not identified the victims or the gunman. Brady said the shooting appears to be part of a domestic dispute.
The phone rang unanswered at the salon. A video posted on the site has a woman explaining in Spanish the services offered at the salon for men and women.
Brady said the fourth victim was being treated at an Orlando hospital. Her condition was not immediately released.
Casselberry is about 15 miles (24 kilometres) northeast of Orlando.
In October 2011, police say an angry ex-husband donned a bulletproof vest before killing his ex-wife and six of her fellow stylists and patrons at a Southern California hair salon. He also is accused of killing a man in the parking lot. Scott Dekraai is awaiting trial on murder charges.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)