Batman pleads not guilty
Oct 18, 2012 / 9:10 am
A man charged with obstructing the police while dressed as Batman has pleaded not guilty.
State troopers arrested 33-year-old Mark Wayne Williams on Sept. 29 because he wouldn't leave them alone while they searched for a driver who had fled an accident. Williams was charged with resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
The Petoskey News-Review reports, that Williams pleaded not guilty. He's due back in court Nov. 21.
Williams has said he had good intentions.
It's not Williams' first brush with the law as the caped crusader. He was sentenced to six months of probation last year after police received a report of a man dressed as Batman on the roof of a local business.
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- French gay marriage law signed
- Pope decries banks over people
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)