Shotgun wedding? Buy a ring get a gun
Oct 16, 2012 / 6:46 am
A U.S. jeweler is offering free rifles for husbands-to-be who spend at least $1,999 on an engagement ring at his store.
Jeweler Harold van Beek told KCRG near Cedar Rapids that he wanted to "do something for the boy who doesn't like to hunt for diamonds but likes to hunt for deer."
The deal at Jewelry By Harold in North Liberty starts Thursday and will run through the end of October.
The rifle offer is subject to Iowa laws on gun ownership. Those barred include felons and addicts.
Read more World News
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
(Click for RSS instructions.)