'Batman' charged with obstruction
Oct 3, 2012 / 10:49 am
Bad bat gets in the way of police.
Police say they arrested a U.S. man after he showed up at a crime scene wearing a Batman outfit because he wouldn't leave them alone.
"He wouldn't clear the scene, and we had a canine out there, and he kept screwing up the scent," State Police Sgt. Jeff Gorno told the Petoskey News-Review.
"He said he wanted to help us look for the driver."
Mark Wayne Williams, 33, was charged in Saturday's incident with resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
Williams also was arrested last year after police received a report of a man dressed as Batman on the roof of a local business.
He was sentenced to six months of probation, during which he was forbidden to wear costumes.
Read more World News
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
- Singer, 18, now up in the Clouds
- White House staff knew of tax probe
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
(Click for RSS instructions.)