Actor falls to death near woman's body
Sep 27, 2012 / 7:11 am
Johnny Lewis, an actor who played Kip "Half Sack" Epps on the cable TV show "Sons of Anarchy," has fallen to his death after apparently beating to death his elderly landlady at a hillside home, authorities said.
The Los Angeles County coroner's office on Thursday identified the bodies as those of Lewis, 28, and Catherine Davis, 81.
Coroner's Watch Cmdr. Larry Deitz said he could not identify Lewis as being the actor. But the name and date of birth match, and both victims lived at the same address.
The causes of their deaths were unknown pending autopsies.
Neighbours called police Wednesday morning to report a woman screaming and three men fighting.
Officers went to a home in the Los Feliz area near Hollywood and found the body of a woman in the driveway, Sgt. Frank Preciado told the Los Angeles Times. Investigators believe she was struck or beaten.
The body of the suspected killer, who may have rented a room from the woman, was found about six feet from a wall, Preciado said.
The man climbed a wall and fought with a housepainter at a neighbouring home, returned to the woman's home and climbed the wall again to fight with the painter and the owner of the second house, Preciado said.
The man apparently fell while trying to scale the wall again, Preciado said.
The men who fought with him were treated at the scene for minor injuries, he said.
Read more World News
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
(Click for RSS instructions.)