Inspiration, no trouble for this man
Sep 24, 2012 / 7:24 am
The autistic Rochester man who grabbed national headlines by scoring 20 points in four minutes in his only high school game has completed his first marathon and qualified for an even bigger race.
Jason McElwain completed the MVP Health Care Rochester Marathon in 15th place in 3 hours, 1 minute and 41 seconds.
The Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester reports that the time qualifies the 23-year-old supermarket baker, known as J-Mac, for the Boston Marathon. He hopes to run in Boston in 2014.
J-Mac was the student manager of the Greece Athena High School team when he came off the bench in 2006 to hit six 3-pointers and two free throws in four minutes. Video of his scoring spurt went viral, and he was the subject of national news stories.
Here is a report from CBS about the 20 points.
Read more World News
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
(Click for RSS instructions.)