Heartless subway thief arrested
Sep 15, 2012 / 11:15 am
Swedish police say they have arrested a man suspected of stealing from a drunken passenger as he lay unconscious on railway tracks, and then leaving him to be hit by a train.
Video from the scene shows a man robbing the passenger, who had lost consciousness after falling on the tracks in Stockholm's subway, and then leaving him.
A train eventually hit the victim, who as a result, lost a leg.
Police spokesman Kjell Lindgren said Saturday that police had received tips on the suspect's whereabouts, and made the arrest on Friday.
Lindgren said that two others had been arrested along with the suspect for possession of stolen goods.
Read more World News
- Suicide bomber takes cadets hostage
- Face transplant saves man's life (photo)
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
(Click for RSS instructions.)