US braces for more violence
Sep 13, 2012 / 2:37 pm
U.S. officials are bracing for possible protests across the Muslim world over an anti-Islam film blamed on an attack in Libya that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.
With angry protests already occurring in Egypt and Yemen, the U.S. has put all of its diplomatic missions on high alert. And Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has denounced the anti-Islam video in hopes of pre-empting further turmoil.
U.S. officials say there's was no indication the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was planned, but they are investigating whether a Libyan-based militant group was responsible for turning the protest violent.
Read more World News
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
- Bunga bunga girls dressed as sexy nuns
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
(Click for RSS instructions.)