85 dead in garment factory fire
Sep 11, 2012 / 9:14 pm
A Pakistani hospital official says at least 60 people have been killed in a fire that raged in a garment factory in the southern city of Karachi, bringing the death toll in two deadly fires in the country to 85.
The head of the emergency department at the Civil Hospital in Karachi, Tariq Kamal Ayubi, said this morning that 60 bodies had been taken to the hospital.
He said many were so badly burned that it was impossible to tell whether they were male or female.
The fire in Karachi was one of two deadly blazes to erupt in Pakistan late Tuesday.
The other at a shoe factory in the eastern city of Lahore killed 25 people.
Read more World News
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
(Click for RSS instructions.)